Friday, April 25, 2014

Lord, Please Grant My Child Restful Sleep

peace-calming-pic


"The Lord gives strength to his people, the Lord blesses his people with peace." Psalms 29:11 (NIV)

I often hear frustrations from friends regarding the sleep cycles of their children. It always brings back so many memories of the tough times we had with both boys waking at multiple times during the night. It is normal to have an ebb and flow when children are developing, but it should be short and rectify itself quickly.

When it persists for more than a few days, it could be a sign of distress in their little bodies. The boys struggled with finding a deep and calming sleep for quite a few years, as well as some behavioral (Autism/ADD-like) challenges. The other day at school registration a parent-helper remarked at how "well-behaved" my children were. I had to take all three with me and wait in line for about 25 minutes, you mommies out there know, that is setting yourself up for some major meltdowns. A few years ago this would have been an impossible feat, but after years of hard work I definitely breathe a sigh of relief.

My children are not perfect and we never approach a situation with high expectations, rather we set rules and they are encouraged and rewarded based on how well they follow those rules. Even more than that, what has made the biggest difference is the progress we have made on healing their mind and body. We are certainly not alone out there. It seems a little too coincidental that the along with the remarkable rise in Autism comes an increase in:
  • children unable to sleep restfully
  • waking several times a night
  • ADD/ADHD
  • focus challenges
  • sickness
  • mood disorders
There is an answer, and it is natural! Our journey began with finding the root cause of all of the above. We firmly believe that it lies in the gut. A sick and unhealthy gut results in a brain that is hurting. We started our healing with probiotics 2x a day, supplemented with Cod Liver oil, consistently adhered to our Homeopathic regimen and lastly found Peace and Calming essential oil. The final piece to our puzzle.

Here is an amazing graphic that helped us target the main culprits in our boys


organ_cycle

M was waking at midnight for months. We started treating his gall-bladder and it completely went away! L was 3-6am for about a year with constant bronchial issues and coughing fits. Once we figured it out and treated with a combination of homeopathic remedies, HEPA filters and essential oils it was gone! Along with healing the gut comes supporting it with a consistent essential oil regimen.

Let's focus specifically on the powerful properties of Peace and Calming oil


peace1.69191636_std

Peace and Calming has a gentle scent that promotes relaxation and a deep restful nights sleep. It contains:
  • tangerine - the sweet fragrance elicits feelings of happiness and wellness. It contains the constituent d-limonene which is a powerful antioxidant. It can help encourage proper digestion
  • ylang ylang - relaxes the mind and balances emotions
  • blue tansy - very high in sesquiterpenes and is an anti-inflammatory
  • orange - gives you a sense of joy and helps depression. Is mood-lifting
  • patchouli - contains sesquiterpenes that are known to help support the brain, especially the limbic portion. Helps to support emotional health and equilibrium
How to use the Oil 

 We rub on the kids feet at night before bed to calm the nervous system and soften the mind. We use 8-9 drops in the Home diffuser during nap time or the house at crucial parts of the day when emotions are high and energy is low. Nap time has never been an issue since and that crazy hour before dinner is enjoyable now! Mix with a carrier oil like V-6 or olive/almond oil for a completely calming massage. Great for over-tired and cranky toddlers. I cannot praise this oil enough and how much it has helped our kids and myself.

It.is.amazing

I came across this sweet poem, enjoy! Wishing you a restful night sleep.

adeline newborn012

Sleep Cycle
Christ in me, me in Christ, there is no better place to be I thank my God for His Son and the life He’s given me.
He’s in me, I’m in Him, together we have peace as one, there is a glorious calm that will never fail or cease.
His power in me, my power is Him, together we are strong He strengthens me, I cling to Him whenever things goes wrong.
Living my life with my Lord, Him living His life in me together we’ve become one like it was meant to be!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
John 3:30 King James Version
“He must increase, but I must decrease.”
Copyright 2013 Deborah Ann Belka
Click here to see how you can sign-up for discounted Young Living oils!

No comments:

Post a Comment